Sunday, October 15, 2006

Cousins


A pile of cousins #3
Originally uploaded by petemorris.
Another weekend, another Cal victory (Go Bears!), and another fun Sunday. The highlight was certainly today's visit with the whole crew of Hoereth siblings (my mom and her younger brother and sisters), in addition to several of their kids and grandkids. While not a full-fledged family reunion, it still was a special gathering of folks from three different states, and a rare chance for Tony and Everett to play with their second cousins from Chicago, Caleb and Ian. Throw in some excellent pizza and a lot of fun knocking around the soccer ball (and each other!), and you've got a day well spent. Meanwhile, on the beer front, my triple-grain Wheelmen Wheat ale continues to ferment away and looks and smells promising, and I cracked open the first couple of bottles of my new Century IPA. Carbonation seems to be coming along nicely after one week, but it did attenuate just a bit too much and thus could use just a tad more sweetness to balance out its otherwise appealing hoppy profile. Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Pete old man...are you really nearing 40? Geez, what does that make me? Like pushing 60? Only a few gray hairs in my sideburns (if I don't grow a beard).

I'm guessing those are Joe's kids...all are a bunch of good-looking kids.

Hope all is well with all y'all as we say in Bako.

I'm a little over a year from kissing the RR goodbye and I'm sooo ready.

Are you loving this election year? Where did I read the words "In an election year, both candidates spend money on advertising telling me the other candidate is a total idiot...and they've both convinced me they're correct"?

My best to Audrey amigo...and remember, when Becky's coming, you'll need a lot more beer. She can't really judge with only a 22oz. bottle or two.

Ol' Reg