Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Year in Pictures: April 2007

Toothless TonyWith Spring Break rolling around, April theoretically should have been a month of out-of-ordinary fun. Unfortunately, my week off at SMC didn't coincide with either of Tony's TWO weeks off from Ocean Charter, so any sort of long trip was out of the question, and it was more or less business as usual.

April wasn't an entirely routine month. Thanks to the generosity of both my parents and my in-laws (thanks!) I treated myself to a new digital-SLR camera for my 40th birthday. The birthday was in March, but the new camera got its debut in April. With Tony starting ice skating lessons, and Everett playing T-ball for the first time, I had some great subject matter to start with. And as I shared at the time, I was very pleased by the early results. Here are some more:

Everett trots to firstEverett races to the bagEverett charms the grandstand
Eyes on the ballTony skates II

The month ended with a fun day trip to Tanaka Farms in Irvine for fresh strawberry and vegetable picking. This trip also was detailed in an earlier blog entry. Here are a couple of additional photos from that day:
Time for carrotsField-fresh strawberries

No comments: