Sunday, January 20, 2008

Beers, Blogs, and Boys Hiking

A quick pause in the 2007 Year in Review--which maybe I'll actually complete this weekend--to announce the debut of Audrey's New Blog: "Mom's (Got a) Life...I Think". Welcome to the blogosphere, hon'!

The family was kind enough to allow me a dad's day out yesterday, which I leveraged for a memorable bus trip with my beer club to the famous Stuffed Sandwich in San Gabriel--a true landmark for Southern California beer geeks. The sandwich was great (Mortadella, molto bella!), and the beer was even better. I started with a very nice draft pint of Franco-Belgian-style "saison" from San Diego's Green Flash, and then proceeded to sample countless other exciting choices purchased by my clubmates and I. Combined with a pit stop at El Monte's new Skyscraper Brewing Company, which was throwing its First Anniversary party, it was an awfully nice way to spend a sunny and warm Saturday in January.

Today was another fine day, as we packed up the boys for a day trip to the Santa Monica Mountains. Under warm(ish) sunshine, we all hiked about 4 miles round trip through Topanga State Park, up and out to Eagle Rock and back. And I mean we all hiked, including young Everett who'd never made it through a full hike before without being carried! There were complaints, of course, from both boys, but also some proud and tired legs when we finally made it back to the car.

No comments: