Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Year in Pictures: September 2007

This is an easy month. It was back to school for all of us, which meant a busy but regular schedule following the free and easy days of summer. It was busier than usual, too, as now we had TWO boys going to Ocean Charter School and TWO boys playing soccer. This also meant I was coaching TWO soccer teams, including one that met TWO days a week with midweek practices joining Saturday games as part of our routine. Add in the fact that I was teaching a new class for the first time, and that I also began my TWO-year stint as co-chair of the Environmental Affairs Committee at the college, and the free time to brew beer and take photographs disappears. Indeed, we've only got a pair of photos from the month to share below, as I decided to go camera-free to the months two main events: a weekend trip for Audrey and me to San Jose for her 20th high-school reunion (fun time!), and a big party at my Mom's the weekend before to celebrate (belatedly) her 60th birthday and the completion of a big landscaping project she and Woody commissioned over the summer.

As for the photos, the first is of the two brothers on their way out the door for the first day of school. The second shows Everett (blue #10 on the right) in action during his first soccer game.

Ready to go Rett's first soccer game

No comments: